1. Detecting suspicious account activity
Nice try by Google. I am curious about the factors used for the decision.
2. How to Get Into Stanford with B’s on Your Transcript: Failed Simulations & the Surprising Psychology of Impressiveness
An interesting post about admission decisions – I do agree partially with the author’s The Failed Simulation Effect theory.
4. Less is more. But still less
There are lot of debates going about Lucid Lynx. This post discusses one issue which has got the most attention. PS : In case if you want to try out Lucid Lynx Beta1 check out my post – Upgrading to Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) from Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)
5. Justin.tv’s Live Video Broadcasting Architecture
A nice overview about Justin.tv’s architecture. It made several good points like how many of Youtube’s scalability techniques are not applicable here. Making real time streaming systems is a complex beast and this post throws some light over their internals. Their use of Ruby on Rails as their app server surprised me the most🙂
6. IPhone App to Sidestep AT&T
Looks like an interesting app ! None of my friends have bought it yet but I am still willing to take Pogue’s word for it🙂
7. John Tate wins the Abel Prize 2010
John Tate wins Abel prize for his work on Number Theory. The post has a nice discussion about primes.
8. Pwn2Own 2010
I have not found any good links on Pwn2Own 2010 . I will put one if I find it. The expected news is that all major platforms fell.