1. Anatomy of Linux Kernel Shared Memory
A discussion of how the kernel detects duplicate pages in memory and merges them. The algorithm has couple of clever ideas like using two red black trees and using 4kb page content as the data in the tree.
2. New Elastic Load Balancing Feature: Sticky Sessions and Introducing the Amazon Simple Notification Service
Two neat new features from AWS.
3. Information Retrieval using a Bayesian Model of Learning and Generalization
A discussion about Bayesian Sets and using them to find related stuff. The idea looks promising !
4. Lessons learned developing a practical large scale machine learning system
A post discussion some of the lessons learnt while developing their internal ml system . I hope Google either open sources the framework or discuss it in more detail about the system. As such the post did not contain much detail about the ml system per se.
6. Iraq Video Brings Notice to a Web Site
One more interesting leak by Wikileaks. Whistle blowing is never so easier 🙂
7. Apple Edges Into Selling of App Ads
Cool move to embed ads in Apps. Making money from Mobile ads is hard and lets see if Apple cracks it !
If you liked this post , please subscribe to the RSS feed.