1. Detexify2 – LaTeX symbol classifier
A neat webpage where you draw a symbol in it and it will tell you the latex symbol. Some thing I really need !
2. Predictalot for World Cup: Millions of predictions, stock market action
Prediction Markets are a very fascinating topic. It is fun to see them applied to World Cup. With the tournament producing lot of upsets, it is fun to watch other’s predictions and risks.
3. MMDS 2010. Workshop on Algorithms for Modern Massive Data Sets
MMDS is a fascinating workshop with lot of neat papers and tutorials. I followed the last two workshops and this one too promises to be fun. The papers are not linked correctly as of now which I hope will be corrected soon.
4. SeaMicro drops an atom bomb on the server industry
An interesting venture in server market. Let’s see if they can crack the market.
5. What Is I.B.M.’s Watson?
A neat article on IBM’s Watson which is a computer that can answer questions and is going to participate in Jeopardy. It is always fascinating to see applications that popularize AI to the masses.
6. The $600 billion challenge
Looks promising. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have joined hands to revolutionize Charity business.
7. The Git Parable
A neat post which discusses the features in Git and its rationale.
8. Map: Where Americans Are Moving
A neat info graphic showing migration among US counties. A interesting visualization of data.