1. How Asimov’s Robot Laws Ended Up on Last.fm’s Server
Pretty geeky. Asimov’s three robot laws in a machine understandable format in last.fm’s robots.txt file – Notice the last few lines of the file.
2. Questions. But Why?
An interesting post about the resurgence of websites with community question answering.
3. Murder: Fast datacenter code deploys using BitTorrent
A very innovative way to deploy code in a fast distributed fashion. From this post, I also learned that a pack of crows is called murder – Who knew !
4. GTalk-compatible file transfers in telepathy-gabble!
Tele(Em)pathy at last gets a neat feature by which you can share files from empathy to another user using google talk.
5. How Do I Hide from Specific People on Facebook Chat?
A very useful facebook tip. Link courtesy : Suresh.
6. A Proof That P Is Not Equal To NP?
The biggest item so far. The entire blogosphere is abuzz with the proof that claims to prove P NP , which was probably one of the most important open questions in computer science. I am really curious about this proof as it uses ideas from graphical models which was the topic of my Master’s research. I will a more detailed post on this relation later !